Husky 359 limiter tabs removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi All.... I just had my Husky 55 repaired (replaced the piston and cylinder) Thanks Mike :) but before this was done I had purchased a new 359 and I would like to mod the muffler and I know that I will need to richen up the H side. Boy was my 55 easy to work on and now runs great. The 359 has more stuff in the way and I would like to know what is the best way to remove the tabs on the limiter with the least amount of work. I did a quick search and have not found information or pics on this process... Thanks for any help. Also, what size hole should I make for the exaust to exit the muffler? I have heard some people talk about 0.5 and 0.75 inches?

I used the method that ken dunn uses like in the picture attached. I also drilled larger holes in the internal "waffle" and removed much of the tube that goes to the top. I did this because it was fairly easy for me to do and I can tolerate the downsides of this method. You can also cut a big hole in the middle of the muffler and weld a washer over it. weld on another hood like the stock one. For size you already have one opening a .5" hole may be a decent start, you can go larger but it is how much noise versus power you want. I think timberwolf did some testing on different sizes. make sure you give a good blow down and wash with some gas, you don't want any filings to go into your motor. any more Q's, ask away or feel free to pm me.

Buck

Last edited:
The easiest way will be to dremel off the limiter itself,kinda of plastic block or tab at the end of needles.Or you can use a soldering gun to melt the small tab.I cant say the size of the exhaust hole for sure,but usually 70 % of the exhaust hole(cordal length ) closest to the piston.Enclosed a pic for the tab you have to remove.

Back