Husky 359 worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind me for responding 5 years down the road. But Ed Heard says differently. I have a12-15 yr old 357XP which he ported. It's a runner. But, as I was looking at a 359 to buy, he responded, saying that, while its a dual transfer, not quad port, being as it is 2 more cc's, ported it has more torque. I bought the saw, in pristine condition, for $375, and now am looking for a west coast builder to massage it!
They are good saws. I have 3 and I also have the supposed holy grail MS361. The main advantage to the 359 was/is the ergonomics. Yes they are heavier than some of the 60cc saws of their time. But they have great balance and ergonomics. It sucks that you have to pull the cylinder and replace the plastic clamp. But it's a permanent fix. As far as durability, I have an 04 model with 80-90 tanks, I have an 05 that was used when I got it and have put 77 tanks through it. Both still run great.

They are good saws. I have 3 and I also have the supposed holy grail MS361. The main advantage to the 359 was/is the ergonomics. Yes they are heavier than some of the 60cc saws of their time.

I think it is a bit heavier than a 361, but is, imo, a better saw. Ported, mine simply rips. Love using it aloft. I put a sharp chain on the new to me 359, and was impressed with how it cuts. Of course, until I get it modded, I won't be happy!

Latest posts

Back