Husqvarna 2100 CD spark arrestor removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestCoastBestCoast

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker first post so here we go. I've got a Husky 2100 cd that I use for my milling saw. 2 things... I'd like to rotate the exhaust outlet so it's not pointing down at the chain. Also now that I've pulled the muffler I can hear something small rattling around inside of it. I've tried putting tools in these slots and even tried to give it a knock or two on the slot with a hammer and cold chisel but cannot for the life of me get this "nut" inside the exhaust outlet to rotate. Do you guys have any secrets as how to get this part unscrewed short of cutting it off? Second question how do I decode the serial number? Thanks in advance!20200331_214748.jpg20200405_105732.jpg

There’s a flat blade wrench that comes with the saw when it was new.

It fits across both slots. They bend a piece of flat stock that fits in the slots it’s L shaped with a wrench handle.

There’s a flat blade wrench that comes with the saw when it was new.

It fits across both slots. They bend a piece of flat stock that fits in the slots it’s L shaped with a wrench handle.
I've tried flat stock that goes in both and I just end up bending the flat stock. I'm guessing it is seized up with some rust. The husky tool does it engage just 2 slots or all 4?

Were these typically welded or brazed together? How much heat can it handle before the joints open up? I've tried penetrating oil, I've tried heating it till I see dull red but obviously by the time I get a tool on it it's cooled a little. Still no budging what so ever. I'm worried I'm going to put a huge dent in it from the vise as I can see the front yield a bit when I torque on it.

Is there any point in opening up this muffler at all? I've read mixed reviews on that they flow fairly well stock and others suggest removing the baffle that's immediately inside the exhaust port side.

Can you get needle nose on the rattle piece through the exhaust port opening? Its most likely pieces of the spark arrestor screen. I had to do this and bent and pulled out 2 pieces.

In another post someone noted the first 3 digits indicate year and week of manufacture (6 indicates 1986, and next two are the week of the year, so the 9th week)

Latest posts

Back