• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna 3120 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered the piston on Ebay from Greece? I needed one this last week and ordered that one. I can take some micro photos to really blow up detail if you want to see the fit and finish of it. Ad says European made but not where it's made...??

Nate, did you buy a 3120 piston? I don't see any reference to country of manufacture on his ad.

I feel like I have too much in a ported cylinder to risk it to an unknown piston. His piston would cost me about $65 by the time I get Caber rings, OEM clips, and have all of that shipped. I can buy a new OEM for about $100.

I tried one of his p/c for a 3120 a couple years ago. He said it was made in Italy, but the box didn't have any country of origin stamped on it. I ended up sending it back since the cylinder had pin holes in the the plating and the piston had some pinholes in it also. Seemed like bad casting. Good guy to deal with though.

The piston is already in route to me. I will clean the black crap off and let you know what I think. Should be here any day now...

The pistons are most likely not the same as the ones made for the AM cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for all the waiting... What brand is it????

that tiny little nick is the only problem spot I can see right now. That's damage after it was made not casting. A couple small rubs with a scotch brite and it will be gone. The pic looks way worse than it is.

5336959f490f20a3886016ca13bc8bc7.jpg

Cleaned the side off tonight. Might look a little rough from cleaning it with a scotch brite but looks to be really really nice. Piston is actually a Hyway brand.
add3ef76517a32975b99c76a9cf8ec9b.jpg

3f9c941e010d2a32f2f8fae9f3a9b0e5.jpg

I'm not seeing anything that would indicate I shouldn't use it...

Back