Husqvarna 372 big end rod bearing replacement.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this on our yz125, worked out fine. You need the v blocks on the glass to test the crank for true. I think if you get it very very close it will run itself to true in the first few minutes.
Very interesting, Lloyd.

I also blew my con-rod/crank bearing on my YZ125, driving on the beach in Mexico. I took out the crank and took it to a shop to true it up with new rod and bearing. The rollers were flattened evenly all the way around.

That was 40y ago, and prob due to stale mix gas. MX-ers used full-synth oil at 40 or 32 to one to preserve this bearing, I am told.

I have never damaged this bearing on a chainsaw despite using 50:1 full-synth on all saws, and sometimes working them hard (milling). Chainsaws might put out as little as 1/4 the hp/cc versus a motocross 2-stroke. Maybe that is why. My RM125 is supposed to put out nearly 40hp.

After seeing this post, I may try truing my next crank myself, since I have the dial indicator and V-blocks. I did not know it only took a few whacks with a hammer to spin the crank on the journal.

Latest posts

Back