• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Husqvarna 385xp fully rebuild by nmurph!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04titanse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this saw from nmurph freshly rebuilt I think about six months or so ago. Has about 5 tanks through it always with stihl ultra full syn and premium fuel.

New upgraded bearing, new seals, caber rings, everything checked tested and pressure tested. Over 180psi of compression, dual port muffler, un-limted coil, oversized felling dogs. Runs STRONG! Neal said it was the strongest 385xp he had run. Its noticeably stronger than my new 390xp.

Regular scratches and nicks, but otherwise an awesome saw. Cuts amazing, starts easily, idles great. Hate to get rid of it, but I only need one saw this size so I am going to keep my 390xp just because its brand new.

$500 + shipping ($30 for shipping to lower 48). This saw won't disappoint, I'm regretting even listing it haha.

Bought an 044 off of 04Titanse. Great guy to deal with. And being built by Nmurph only compliments it :rock:

If I didn't just sell a 385xp and have my 395 xp coming back from Mastermind, I'd jump...

This is a stout 385. I have rebuilt several, and this one turned out better than any other. If I remember correctly, I was getting a compression reading and just stopped pulling when it got to 182psi on the SnapOn. I have no doubt it would have finished 190+ and that was without any significant run time.

Selling the saw PHO. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I hate shipping long bars, gets too expensive and its a pain in the ass.

Did you lose your saw?? It looks like it could be yours.

How 'bout them Bravos!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you missed a few of the emails where I mentioned I don't like the Braves too much ???? :bang:
(football season starts early for us Mets fans...) :yoyo:

naw I didn't lose the cute saw...its under the pile of orange and white ones keepin warm...they get along nicely...
aint been doin much limbin lately just firewoodin...372,440, 385 territory mostly. mix in the BB Makita once in a while just to keep the color wars even.

for you guys thinkin about a bigger saw---a 385 is a way good nasty saw for bigger stuff, lots of gump and liquid smooth delivery. my favorite husky, yes I own a 372 and a 395 as well.

see if I ever loan out my 385....not a chance...

Last edited:
Saw is sold guys! Guess I should have listed it at a higher price. Lots of interest, well someone got a very nice saw for a fair price.

glocks - neither saw is hard to start cold or hot as long and you pull it like a man. pretty easy starters as far as I am concerned.

Lol...
Pulling like a man didnt help with my 394..
But thanks for the pointer.

I realize that came out a little wrong. I was not implying you are not pulling hard enough, I was just saying both my saws start easily as long as I pull them hard. Not recommending it as a solution. Sorry if that sounded like I was call you a sissy, not my intention.

I understood what you were saying...and agree that alot of people dont crank hard enough..especially with big saws...
My 394 spark plug stayed dry no matter how hard and fast that i cranked...till it cooled down..I guess I need to get an autotune..cause carbs sure give me a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back