Husqvarna diagnostic tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I bought the diagnostic tool a few years back but I never tried to use it until today. I guess I need to download the CST common service tool software but I cannot find where to get that from. Can anyone help?

it is my understanding that the software is not available to the general public, but I may be wrong, it would be nice if us autotune owners could access the computer stuff on our equipment without a trip to the dealership
My local dealer wanted £50 minimum just to plug it in the carb. Even if I took the carb off so the time taken would literally be a couple of minutes.
No way, its plain robbery

No, the carb that has all the info and can be tested and undated by itself as long as you know what part number ignition module is on saw. unless it was made in the last couple of years, then you need both connected to read info

But you do need a dealer number and account to download info and has to connect every month to husky site to keep it functional

Stihl has most of programming in module

No, the carb that has all the info and can be tested and undated by itself as long as you know what part number ignition module is on saw. unless it was made in the last couple of years, then you need both connected to read info

But you do need a dealer number and account to download info and has to connect every month to husky site to keep it functional

Stihl has most of programming in module
Most of my autotune experience is with newer saws produced in the last few years. I know the Stihl mtronic is all in the coil, only electronics on carb is the solenoid.

Like buying a pro scanner for your car. You usually have to pay for updates.
To me, I have the pro scanner in the form of the CST. I dont want the latest update but would pay for access to it but not the crazy price a dealer wants. It's not like your paying for their expertise, half of them cant use a computer (I'm talking local to me)

Its unfortunate that you have to be a dealer to use the scan tool. I mean its not like you can change parameters in the ignition and fuel delivery timing like a car. All you can do is get codes and factory preset updates. So there should be no fear from Husky as far as some shade tree mech making adjustments to soup up the saw and blowing them up. Its purely for diagnostics isnt it? This has me a little apprehensive about getting a new saw. I only use my saws on the weekends and my local dealer closes on Saturdays at noon. This would be quite unhandy if issues came up while cutting.

Its unfortunate that you have to be a dealer to use the scan tool. I mean its not like you can change parameters in the ignition and fuel delivery timing like a car. All you can do is get codes and factory preset updates. So there should be no fear from Husky as far as some shade tree mech making adjustments to soup up the saw and blowing them up. Its purely for diagnostics isnt it? This has me a little apprehensive about getting a new saw. I only use my saws on the weekends and my local dealer closes on Saturdays at noon. This would be quite unhandy if issues came up while cutting.

I agree.

Latest posts

Back