I hate the EAB!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Reaction score
attachment.php

One of my ash trees I went out of my way to NOT remove when building a newish barn has lost the fight.

I gave up this spring when it was obvious the necrosis was spreading too fast for anything else but the EAB.

The last windstorm busted off a limb and it's obvious I gotta drop it.
The rest of the poor thing ain't gonna make it.

It's gonna kill me taking the tree down. My wife nagged like mad that I should clear further around the ACF before we poured the floor and I fought tooth and nail to keep it. So now i'm out a Good Ash tree AND the wife gets to say "I told you so".:cry:

EAB has gotta be erradicated!

I hope the pics come through.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last edited:
"I'm BAD Ash"
attachment.php

"And you're GOOD Ash"
attachment.php

Bummer man. I miss ash trees. I wonder if that EAB parasite thing that they released to control it is doing anything. There are a few trees around here that seem to be coming around - but is the EAB is even here in metro detroit anymore? Don't see why, there's nothing left for them to eat.

I gurantee some doofus went camping around here, bought firewood from a roadside bundle vendor, and took what he didn't burn up, back to the burbs of Detroit to save for the next trip.

I'd say ya still have 'em over there.

Dang shame. Detroit is looking like a post apocalyptic Movie set these days.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:laugh:

That's why their filming the re-make of Red Dawn here...

LOL!! That and Grandmole is offering huge tax incentives.

One thing that occured to me though.

We still have Norm Olsens tinfoil brigade running around.

I can't wait unill they see REAL old Soviet armor coming in on freight cars, and folks in wierd uniforms running all over. LOL!!!

They will call it a U.N. invasion training exercise or some such and start foaming at the mouth again. LOL!!

On the tree side of things, are you seeing any reduction in the infestation over there?

My applications of imadaclorpid and hack method of "coincidental" applications of provado, didn't help this one much. The EAB attacked above my sight line and I caught it late.

Two others I have nearby show no signs at all, and all I can figure is that they are pretty much constantly protected by one insecticide or another by bieng so close to the blueberry patch and catching some drift.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I was in Detroit doing an estimate last week and they had an M-1 Abrams rolling down the road, I figured "Kwame's Army" was trying for a comeback! :D

Yeah we've seen a massive reduction in activity, no food source left, plus woodpeckers (not the legislature kind :censored:) and other predators have made a dent. Trees already damaged are not good candidates for treatment. They just can't move the product.

I was in Detroit doing an estimate last week and they had an M-1 Abrams rolling down the road, I figured "Kwame's Army" was trying for a comeback! :D

Yeah we've seen a massive reduction in activity, no food source left, plus woodpeckers (not the legislature kind :censored:) and other predators have made a dent. Trees already damaged are not good candidates for treatment. They just can't move the product.

Was it Detroit PD's lunch wagon, or part of the Movie?... LOL!!

I figured I caught it too late, but seeing as how it was right next to the chem shed, and I have "Accidentally" bumped the lever on the Berthoud a time or two with a batch of provado it might make it.

The activity under the bark is just disgusting.
Not an inch was left unmolested.

If somehow the EAB changes it's diet, or runs into another species it can feed on, it wont be good.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back