ID this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

I know, not a tree but thought I'd try.
There a very few of these along the roadsides around here that I've found. In the fall when I took this pic these things are so bright it's amazing. Can't find an id in my books and not sure how to look it up. Thought it might be some kind of escaped or wild asparagus but no luck on pictures from anywhere else. Going to have to go dig up 1 or 2 to add somewhere at my house.

Anybody got an idea?

Well Wiki is my friend. Didn't think to type in just Asparagus before ,was trting to find a pic. Anyways Wiki had this on their page
attachment.php

Guess it really is Asparagus? Wonder why it would be growing along the roads? Cool looking anyways, need to find a place to put some for the looks and the food....

Thanks for the info. That's on my to do list, read up on it more and make sure I'm doing it right.
Have horseradish coming in the spring and was supposed to have rhubarb too to add to the ever expanding garden. Now if I could just make some more sun without cutting down the trees.

Back