Is WoodlandPro Synthetic oil ok to use in a Stihl Kombi 130 4mix pole saw engine??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob R

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Baileys has their WoodlandPro synthetic oil on sale and I am seriously considering buying a case of it.
However, Stihl strongly suggests using their Ultra oil to avoid carbon problems on or near the valves in their 4mix engine.
Do any of you who are familiar with these two oils and/or 4mix engines have an opinion as to whether Ultra is really superior at keeping the 4mix engines carbon free. Thanks for your insight and opinions.

Bob R.

Baileys has their WoodlandPro synthetic oil on sale and I am seriously considering buying a case of it.
However, Stihl strongly suggests using their Ultra oil to avoid carbon problems on or near the valves in their 4mix engine.
Do any of you who are familiar with these two oils and/or 4mix engines have an opinion as to whether Ultra is really superior at keeping the 4mix engines carbon free. Thanks for your insight and opinions.

Bob R.

Don't always believe what someone tell's you! The irony is that I am also telling you something. :D

I have only read high praises of WoodlandPro. If Brad = blsnelling recomends it, that's enough for me. But he mixes at 1:40 as far as I remember. I also mix at 1:40.

Personaly my criteria is

1. full synthetic
2. for air cooled engines
3. full filling the following norms API TC, JASO FC/FD, ISO L-EGD (just to be clear Stihl Ultra does not full fill these norms!)

Just that you know it, the above norms regulate ash content, etc.

There are tons of products that full fill the above mentioned norms. I get a generic brand from a motorcycle parts and accessory store. It costs way less than the top brands.

Last edited:
I've run a Stihl 4-mix trimmer with the Stihl orange bottle (conventional) mix oil for 5 years before I recently switched it over to ultra, and I have never had a problem with it. I would say that you're fine using the WoodlandPro and if Mr. Snelling recommends the stuff, the I would say that that is all the assurance that you'll need. I just wish that Bailey's shipping charges weren't so high coming to the east coast.

You might need to decarbonize the engine using the stihl orange bottle. Stihl recommends The ultra since it burns cleaner and doesn't build up as much. I have a couple 4mix engines and used the orange bottle in my BR 550 for a while. Had to decarbonize the BR around 150 hrs. Ive used only ultra in my KM 110r and havent had the carbon build up issues i had when using the orange bottle. I dont know about the woodland pro stuff but if it burns as clean as the ultra fo for it.

Back