Issue with Evergreen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
I have an evergreen tree at my residence; believe name of tree is candlestick pine. As of approximately 2-3 weeks ago, the lower half of the branches on the lower portion of the tree are turning brown. Please advise as to probable cause and remedy(ies) to this condition as soon as possible.

thanks!

I've heard of this this coloquial name before, but cannot remember the scientific name.

In general if the needles are browning on the inside of the baugh, and the outer parts are green then this is seasonal needle cast. Many pines hold needles for around four years, then there is white pine that sheds yearly.

Now if the browning is consistant through out the branch and there ar "splotches" on the individual needle then you may have a fungal infection in the tree that needs some proffesional attention to treat and try to find out why the tree is suseptable to the fungus. They are usualy secondary problems after things like drought stress or poor siting of the plant.

Back