JD 240 Skid Steer with grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberjack

Banned
Reaction score
Monday and Tuesday I was able to rent a JD skid steer. It was my first time to drive one and it kicked butt. I got it with the industrial grapple (total of $311 a day). I picked up a a 3' diameter 6 1/2' long oak log and it picked it up and put it on the trailer. It was an awsome labor saver and it was a blast to run and play with. In the 2 days, I worked 35ish hours. It was great. I got it stuck once where I had to pull it out with a tractor and a winch. (They get stuck good!) I used the bucket to get me unstuck 2-3 times. 3 of the trees where in a privit hedge/ thorn crap, and I just knocked it all down flat and gave my guys a nice place to cut. 1 log had fallen and had som new trees growing next to it, and I was able to get it out, without damaging the trees. I butt loaded some really big pieces with no problem either. It was fun and effective. I wish that I had another customer that would rent it for a day, so I could keep it for a week (3 day rental lets you keep it for 7). Then last night I got 2 more calls about trees, that I might have been able to use the JD.

Carl

Latest posts

Back