Jonsered 49SP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMCPASO

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have just finished reconditioning this saw, Jonsered 49SP and am ready to start using it. I'm missing the owners manual, have the parts manual. What I'm looking for is the fuel/oil mixture the OEM specified. Does anyone have this information?

Thanks,

GMCPASO
[email protected]

:help:

Thanks

Thanks Four Paws. A Jonsered dealer in this area said, oh 40:1. I knew this was an older saw and didn't expect it to be that high. Thanks for the lead to the collectors site. My father-in-law was a timber faller in the Sierra's for many years and has some saws that could be reconditioned. This site will help.

GMCPASO

Glad to hear it helped. Mind you, I have some older saws that call for 25:1 mix. I run a 40:1 mix of pump premium (no ethanol) and a Klotz R-50 synthetic oil in every piece of 2-stroke equipment I own. Klotz is great oil, so is Maxima...and the list goes on. Basically any high quality dirt-bike racing oil will do the trick at 40:1. But, if you want to stick with the 25:1 ratio, go for it.

My old 621 also calls for 1:25, but it has been ran on 1:50 Aspen (Alky petrol premixed with synthetic oil) for years by my father in law, and later by me, with no ill effects. :)

I once tried to boost the oil content to 1:25, and the saw obviously didn't like it.......running bad and creating a lot of smoke. :mad:

Thanks for the info, will take it into use. Saw is all together and runs quite well on 40:1 for now. I think the new oils are the key here. Appreciate all the assistance. Now to get some winter/fireplace wood together

GMCPASO :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back