Jonsered 820.... and a whole slew of questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownth2

Reaction score
I just purchased a Jonsered 820, old of course, bone stock as far as I can tell with the original 24" bar. It's a little bigger than I really need, but was finding my only other saw (028 AV Super) getting bogged down in some heavy wet Maples, especially when bucking. Not being a chainsaw afficionado and mostly a firewood cutter I've got a whole slew of questions.

Wrecked my chain today on some old barbed wire. 3/8"-058 -81DL these seem to be very difficult to find. Is there anything I do to use another chain (changing sprocket and bar???) or am I better off to buy afew of these chains when I find them?

While I was using it (with a freshly sharpened chain) it was bogging down probably more than I felt a saw this size should. I'm chalking it up to heavy wood (30"+ diameter). BUT, is there anything I can do to make this run better without potentially damaging the engine? Is it possible the muffler is plugged? Guidance please

Does the 820 cross reference to any modern Husky as far as bolts, bars, sprockets, handles, or any other parts?

I've run about 6 tanks through it so far, and seem to get about 30-45 minutes of cutting time to a tank. Does this seem about right?

Lastly: Where can I get a full wrap for this thing, lol?

Attachments

• Jonsered 820.jpg
    Jonsered 820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Back