Jonsered 920 idle adjust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriklane

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Where do I adjust the idle on my Jonsereds 920? It runs too fast at low idle, the chain still rotates. Also it pulls very hard-I think because the chain is engaging?

I dont have my 920 in front of me but if memory serves there is three adjustment screws, usually the high and low speed screws are above the idle screw, sometimes marked with a "T".

Adjust the idle screw slowly until the chain just stops.

As far as it being hard to pull the saw over, it has nothing to do with the clutch. Its just a badass saw with a crapload of compression. Most 920's did not have a decompression valve either.

I have had it since 1990 and paid $150 for it used, and use it heavily. It never dies. It is cold here, and I finally got it going. Is there anything I can do to get it to fire easier? I have a relatively new plug...

Tx

When you pull the choke out it should fire by the third or fourth pull. After you push the choke in then it should start and run after 1-2 more pulls.

If yours is not doing this then irs probably carb rebuild time. A carb kit is only 10 bucks

Back