jonsered 920

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HiOctane said:
Oregon makes them up to 37 ".

They only have them in .404" 0.058 gauge though, in 33 or 37 inch lengths. After that its a 20" in .375" pitch 0.058 gauge. At least thats what they list specifically for the 920, sometimes they have them in other pitches or gauges, but don't list them for the specific saw, even though they do fit correctly.

Unless a different mount can be modified to fit, as it uses a D024 Oregon mount.

I think if you get a replacable tip bar, all you'd have to do is swap the nose out for one thats a 3/8 pitch and you'd be set. just throwing that idea out there. thats one of the finer points of those bars, tips can be changed without much if any trouble.

Lawn Masters said:
I think if you get a replacable tip bar, all you'd have to do is swap the nose out for one thats a 3/8 pitch and you'd be set. just throwing that idea out there. thats one of the finer points of those bars, tips can be changed without much if any trouble.

Yes he could swap the tip if he wanted to change it to 3/8" chain.

TimberPig said:
.... Unless a different mount can be modified to fit, as it uses a D024 Oregon mount.
I don't know if this helps, but when I was searching for bars for my old 621, that also uses the D024 as standard, the selector guide also suggested bars with D196 and D096.
There was a warning that it might take some slight opening (filing) of the slot to make them fit (the slot is nominally 9.5mm vs. 10.0mm on the D024).

They are listed for Alpina/Castor, Echo, Homelite, Jonsered, Olympyk (Oleo-Mac), Poulan/Poulan Pro, Remington one place I looked - so something may turn up if you search for a 36" bar for an old and large models from those brands ......brownandwiser.com/oregon_bars

GB makes .063 - 3/8" Pro top bars that will fit, at least up to 32" - jonsered_protop

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back