Jonsereds ID please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
630 is definitely the most common around me. Haven't seen a 670 in 18 years.
Really?.....the 670 was quite popular around here.....though not as popular as the 630. Due to the ability to swap parts on this extended family of old saws sometimes hard to tell just what you have.......even reading the tag may not be accurate due to swapping. I got a 670 from a friend in Nova Scotia but got it home and got into it and the first thing I noticed it had a solid intake so I said to myself "Hmmm a 630 then" but as I dug further into it I found it to be in fact a 50MM bore rather than 48mm of a 630..??? When I finally got it all sorted out I had an early 670 case/tank/handles etc. with a 266 Husky top end and a 630 carb....LOL!!!

I have been trying to contact the seller with no luck . I sent three different messages but haven't got a reply yet .
It looks like it's in good condition so regardless what model it is I'm definitely interested.
I will keep everyone posted ... hopefully I will find out for sure what it is .
Thanks... Ernie

Yep, last 670 I had my hands on I was still pulling wrenches at the dealer.
630's and 266's are by the most common on that chassis around here. 2:1 for 266's by far. Always set up with a 16" bar and 8 pin rim.
The part of NS I'm from, you generally saw 254's and 242's for production saws, some 2055's on the Jonny side. I only saw maybe 2 162 chassis saws out in the wild before I moved to Ontario.

Back