Junebugs!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezduzit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Every night when I get home I check on my newly planted Oak trees only to find junebugs chomping on the leaves. I mixed up some bug spray and applied that to the trees but either rain has washed it off or the product was uneffective because the very next night the chompers were back. Please help! What can I do to solve this problem???

Last edited:
just off the top of my head . i have never heard of june bugs being a pest to trees in the adult stage. The larvae of the june bugs , rose chafer or japanese beetle do feed on the roots of plants. Are you sure they are June beetles? You probably have japanese beetles which come out in late may to june in some areas. use Tempo or Astro to control them . Oak is usually not their favorite either ? Identify the pest before you use a pesticide on them. JPM

Last edited:
The bugs are the clumsy fly into the door big brown what i think are called junebugs. They are chomping on the leaves of my newly planted Red Oak which is probably 3-4 years old.

they do sound like june bugs at your door , but make sure they are what is eating your oak. There may be another culprit at your oak tree. I havent researched it, but i still havent heard of june bugs doing damage to trees. i will see what i can find on that .

Latest posts

Back