knots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Knots
Sorry to bother you! I have read many of the past posts and found them very useful! I just wanted to know which Knot to use when joining these two pieces of rope. I didn't see it specifically in any of the posts. Obviously you don't know either, or you just felt like harassing me for only having one post compared to your 250. By the way what comes after one and before 250 ?

PS- your link didn't work!!

Down Savage, down!;) If geofore's answer seemed abrupt it was probably due to the fact we have just had a session with a guy who didnt want to listen. He did try to give you good advice and a link(sorry it did not work). There are a great many suitable knots which have different pros and cons. On your other thread I recommended a Carrick bend. That is a bulky knot which uses a little more of the ropes than some but it is very strong and easily UNTIED after heavy loading. Welcome to the Arborist site!:)

If the site did not get you there try this and it will. www.earlham.edu scroll down to the bottom and click on search this site then type knot in the google search and it will take you there.

I am working with a book called "The Klutz Book of Knots"(Cassidy), which sort of looks like a little kid's book because it comes complete with a blue and a red cord, plus holes you need to work with for each of the 25 knots inside . Most useful but probably out of print now as it was published in 1985. (I am "knotically challanged" and always have followed the saying "If you can't tie knots, tie lots". How ever became advanced qualified in aerial delivery and helicopter slinging but a least we only had to know about three or four there.)

Thanks

Thanks again to those that responded to my thread. Especially my fello Pennsylvanians Rich Hoffman and Geofore.........Keith

Latest posts

Back