• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade knotty burl wood, piece for carving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randythelogger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Knotty burl
Around #20
15 x 11" irregular
Cash and or trade
Make an offer or barter
Will trade but shipping would be $35.
Wood. Monterray cyprus used in japanese funiture.
Hardwood.
Unknown quality, piece is whole.
Very rare.
B.
14" x 4.5 x 2. Triangular slab.
Multi colored graining .
Dark one side, pale the other.
Can be used as is or reworked.
Very very heavy for the size.
Not rough, sanded.
one piece of unknown of old world rainforest south american hardwood.? Guessing ? rosewood or better. Collector grade. This was a desk ornament / paper weight at a lumber company circa 1950.

Handle, bowl, carving, ship building

Attachments

• 1417754338044.jpg
    1417754338044.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 84
Knotty burl
Around #20
15 x 11" irregular
Cash and or trade
Make an offer or barter
Will trade but shipping would be $35.
Wood. Monterray cyprus used in japanese funiture.
Hardwood.
Unknown quality, piece is whole.
Very rare.
B.
14" x 4.5 x 2. Triangular slab.
Multi colored graining .
Dark one side, pale the other.
Can be used as is or reworked.
Very very heavy for the size.
Not rough, sanded.
one piece of unknown of old world rainforest south american hardwood.? Guessing ? rosewood or better. Collector grade. This was a desk ornament / paper weight at a lumber company circa 1950.

Handle, bowl, carving, ship building
what do you want to trade for?

There is one burl and one rosewood slab?
Have no clue about second pieces i bought a lumber yard and it was gifted by the owner as a paper weight of name plate or sample ?. Chunk of some south american hardwood. Its very pretty and heavy. I have no clue what type of wood.

There is one burl and one rosewood slab?
Have no clue about second pieces i bought a lumber yard and it was gifted by the owner as a paper weight of name plate or sample ?. Chunk of some south american hardwood. Its very pretty and heavy. I have no clue what type of wood.
I have a collection of antique vintage fishing stuff, are you interested? or what do you want or like?

I know nothing about burls, i heard they charge by the pound. i never found one before, and i flogged a lot of wood this year.
A reg gun stock is $300 with burl $3000.
So very subjective.
Shipping is $35 plus on my end

Counteroffer
I will ship you the burl under these terms.
You pay shipping, set up a pick up via ups.
My evaluation from numbers on line its worth is $85 , if at $7.00 a pound x 12 pounds. Low end evaluation.

I weighed it somewhere around 12#.
Shipping would be cheap.

And theres

Plus if wanted the 2 x 4 x 14 of rosewood?
Value?

These sell $7.00- 75.00 per pound
or board ft is more.
Again subjective just like a price of an old lure.
I owned a pro shop tackle shop, g loomis dealership, and i am familiar with lure antiques.
I am seeking in the package or highly sought after piece or pieces . No b grade stuff.

I would take paypal for shipping may be around $20 , as it was less weight. I dont have it boxed or weighed to get qoute and your address . But i guess $20. Depends if rosewood in there, its heavy, costs more.
Its the same cost if you call fed ex or me. For the burl to leave shipping needs to be prepaid.

b grade?i have verynice lures, will not sell until we do the deal, but you could tell me what your looking for, maybe I have some you ant, do you collect?the burl still has bark on it, ?

Im in Hawaii , Monterray Cypress is abundent here , burls are plentiful here as well. I don't think they are as rare as claimed to be. I also turn wood , it an ok wood I guess. Good luck with the trade/sale.

I am sure you got good lures.
When one does a barter you offer a specific item for another item.
All you told me is send it and you will send me an antique lure.
That statement being general, i dont know how to evaluate your barter.
Yes some lures are worth big bucks and others are high production or conditioning means a lot. Just because its old doesnt mean it has Value.
I have a massive collection that i should sell to you.

As in my burl this one has bark.
I am thinking about squaring it to show grain and people will drool and buy it locally as we have carvers here, i didnt list it yet. I didnt want to cut it as a carver may want a statue.
As in availabilty , yes i found 4 burls this year being a full time logger.
But they were all crap. Bug ridden and hollow.
This one is solid .

Burl for the fire.
This one is punked.
So burls are easy to find, good ones not so easy.

Attachments

• 1418264237917.jpg
    1418264237917.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back