Large White Pine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I milled up this sucker as part of a renovation we are doing to our huntcamp. its about 26" on the big end, and very clear inside.

First we had to winch er out of the lake after floating it down.

100_4262.jpg

100_4263.jpg

Park the rubicon behind a tree, and the 2500 lb winch didn't have a problem.

100_4265.jpg

First we went at er with cant hooks.

100_4266.jpg

It proved to be too wet after the rain, and the log too wet, so we parked the Rubicon on the otherside of the mill and used the winch to pull the log up onto the mill.

100_4268.jpg

100_4270.jpg

Taking some boards off

100_4271.jpg

100_4272.jpg

Enoy

Craig

trying to... but photobucket is still getting the best of me

i'll try it again:

100_4270.jpg

Craig

I had a polaris 500 with a winch for awhile. I winched my pathfinder out of a mudhole once with it by chaining it to a tree by the rear hitch.....drug the pathfinder right out. I like your floating method of moving logs....are you cutting the trees on the island and floating them around to the camp or are you bringing them across from somewhere else?

Are you using this site as the photo host? If you host from photobucket with a link the sizes are bigger because they are not taking up space on this site.

Last edited:
We are harvesting blown down white pine around the lake, on the shore and also on peninsulas and islands. In most cases the only way to transport them is by water.

No, I am using photobucket as a host.

I'll try again

100_4268.jpg

Latest posts

Back