Lightning Strike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdawg

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
tCame across this picture today in a completely unrelated search and thought I'd share...

This white oak was hit in 2011 about four miles from my house in southeast Ohio on a friend's farm/wood lot. The oak was at least 36" thick and as you can see was reduced to splinters. The farthest that a chunk was thrown was about 450', and that was a branch about 10" diameter and 4' long. 2x4 sized ripped up pieces were strewn all over the woods some sticking out of the ground, others stuck in tree tops. The bang was so loud, even 4 miles away that I would have sworn it hit in my back yard.

IMG_8176.jpg

tCame across this picture today in a completely unrelated search and thought I'd share...

This white oak was hit in 2011 about four miles from my house in southeast Ohio on a friend's farm/wood lot. The oak was at least 36" thick and as you can see was reduced to splinters. The farthest that a chunk was thrown was about 450', and that was a branch about 10" diameter and 4' long. 2x4 sized ripped up pieces were strewn all over the woods some sticking out of the ground, others stuck in tree tops. The bang was so loud, even 4 miles away that I would have sworn it hit in my back yard.

View attachment 1082062
so much for any firewood.....................

Latest posts

Back