List of Saw Porters, & "Pay-for- Training" Experts- by State

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoShindaiwaMakitaDolmar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
@pdqdl @pioneerguy600

I'm not sure if this is the best sub-forum for this, but I think it's a good idea to have a pinned/stickied list of active forum saw porters/modders/mechanics, by U.S. state.

I'd also like to see a list of well experienced forum members who'd be willing to train rookies face to face, for money/barter, on basic stuff like carb tuning, basic saw maintenance, basic saw use, mid-level saw use, by state or region.

Some prefer face to face learning above videos and text.

I'm in the SW Florida region (will move back to WY/MT/ID/SD region in about 6-8 years) and it'd be nice to have a list of resources for such stuff.

Well I hear the call, but I'll bet there are a lot of folks interested in other topics like plant identification, timber cutting, and chainsaw use.

This would be an adminstration decision, but I rather doubt that we will go down that path. When we put up a list of name, we are more or less endorsing those individuals as qualified to do business with, and any litigation that might result from bad results would get us named as an accessory.

If I were putting a bet on it, I think that the admins will decline to put them in that position. When I was doing a lot of work for Kansas City weed enforcement, they would routinely refuse to list their contractors, so as to prevent any perception of endorsement.

It's worthy of thinking about it. Perhaps any folks interested in being found can put their own names on this thread, and then homeowners can find them?

I'll start!
I am in the Kansas City area, and can be reached by private message on this website.
I'll be happy to be paid for my time, and I offer my services professionally to anyone that is willing to pay my fees. PLEASE don't contact me as an expert on chainsaw maintenance & repair, though. I have a mechanic for that stuff.

I'd say that any other member can put their message up in this thread, as I have done.

Latest posts

Back