Looking to buy a Stumo Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haroworks

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the Arborist world. Basically I'm looking to buy a stump grinder to start a business for myself. I'm currently looking at a used Rayco 1635 JR 35 horse with 1000 hours on it. I live in Canada and he wants $12500CAD including the trailer for it. I'm assuming most of my work would come from residential so I would like one that would fit through a gate. Is this a good deal or is there too many hours? I'm having a hard time finding good used equipment in Canada.

I like that size machine. I have a Carlton 4012 with the 35 horse gas engine. It would be pretty comparable to the Rayco 1635. You do nee to keep the teeth sharp on the smaller machines. A lot of guys want the big machines because they grind a stump faster and time is money. I just couldn't choke down $50,000 plus to get a machine to grind stumps. Can't really help you on the price, depends on how well it has been maintained.

Latest posts

Back