Macrograb installation question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzkill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So i just got my first set of climbing gear and the flipline has an eye on each end, i wanted to ask before i took the Petzl macrograb apart to put it on the flipline if that is what i am supposed to do. any help would be apreciated.

Yes you have to take it apart. But you can only use one of the snaps. The other one will just pull the flip line threw the micrograp. I would cut one of the snaps off so you can't attach the wrong one. I would however leave the thimble on the end of the flipline without it you could pull it right threw the grab. Hopefully I haven't confused you anymore than before.

Ok, ill take it apart and reassemble it with the flipline inside, i appreciate it. you may have confused me a little bit...but ill probably survive. Thanks man!

it has a eye on both end the micro's only going to grab in one directions, you want the pointed end of the micro pointed to the eye your going to connect to

Latest posts

Back