Makita/Dolmar 7900 tank vent replaced, still getting starved of fuel after a few minutes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenbates

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I set it down and open the tank a little, the idle speed and throttle response returns to normal. I've shifted the tank and replaced the white foam plug and the rubber nipple, but it still acts the same. Before I put it together I used a little air pressure (~10 psi) and made sure that air would go through the valve into the tank. What else could cause this issue?

Thanks,
Len Bates

Hey thanks! Does it clear up when you open the cap? And would the line open with the higher atmospheric pressure when you do? Sorry to debate you but this is maddening. My plan B right now is to add an echo vent, hopefully in the cap.
Thanks again.

Actually was the venting. I was able to order Echo Part#13131406320, and just installed and tested it. Problem completely gone. Not surprising that an Echo part would do the trick; I never have such problems with my Echo gear. The design looks identical. Maybe the problem is down where the Dol/Kita nipple sits. This vent takes a 1/2" hole, cleaned up. Presses in with a smooth low profile and holds tight. I made a few cuts, idled a while... no leaning out. Wish I could find the post where it was suggested so could thank him.

Attachments

• Echo Vent Installed.jpg
    Echo Vent Installed.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back