"Many hands set this wood chore on fire"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In the spirit of the season, I thought this newspaper column might be of interest. Just click the link and look for Dec. 9th column with the title of this thread. Kind of makes you proud of the wood cutting crowd. :smile2:

Well, I can't post the link. It's in the Dec 9th edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel, local section; column by Sam Venable, if you want to seek it out.

No luck with a search.
Man, lots of crime stories there, though. :frown:

Very nice.
A friend and I spent all last Saturday dropping and bucking trees to make firewood for a buddy that messed up his back a couple weeks ago. I'm not for burning green wood, but that's how he's always done it, so I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and run some fuel through a few of my saws. LOL
The splitting "party" is tomorrow.

Wonderful, you found it!! My faith in the tech savvy of you fellows is restored (well, at least some of you). :yoyo:

This was a touching story. Those guys (and maybe girls) went to bed tired and sore but more importantly happy. There is so much bad news in the news that some good news is well received.

I have participated on a couple of tornado cleanups and have observed that many times the mess is so overwhelming, people don't know where to start. Well, when a few guys show up with chainsaws and just start cutting a path, clearing a driveway, cutting trees off houses, then a way forward can be seen and gives inspiration to others to be involved.
Thanks for sharing it.

Good read:msp_smile: Wish we had a way of knowing who in our communities needs help. Seems that those who need the help the most would never ask for it.

Back