market for trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augie7

Reaction score
I have a huge oak tree in front of my property. It is tall and STRAIGHT. I wish to remove it for the purpose of putting in a carport. I was told that there is is a market for trees, what i mean is that there are companies that are willing to "buy" trees. Is that so ? How can i find out. I live in New Jersey.

Thank you

Augie.

There is a lrg. market, for trees. Some will pay sm. amount, & some will transplant for free.Im on the wrong side of the country to refer anyone to you. I would call the local tree nurserys. Or call local tree services. I know I use to refer many times thru a day.

If it is huge, then it may be too big to move as great distance. Call a few of the high end design install places in your area.

If none of them want it you may find a small mill that will give you some cash of the logs if they are straight. This part of the country the bigger mills will not take an urban or homestead tree.

If you do soem looking around there are a few veneer mills that still take these type of trees if they are perfect. Most wont for the metal issues that other mills refuse them for.

Latest posts

Back