Mercury KB7-B Kiekhaefer Motor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgeeoj

Reaction score
How's it going fellas? Moved to Utah from Charleston, SC a year or so ago for a promotion and began building a boat because, well, I am an inshore fisherman and had nothing to do when I got out there other than snowboard, work and bide my time before moving back east. Bought a fixer upper boat which is now prime time for chasing reds but it came with a fan motor (took the prop and tank off for these pics ) that I brought back with me. I've never seen anything like it until I started a rebuild on it. As you can see it's in rough shape, but rightly so, after 66 years of hanging tough.

Have not tried to crank it because I didn't want to ruin the rings after it's hibernation. It's currently marinating in 3-1 but not sure I can be convinced of the value of restoring this. I know it's a sought after model and maybe some of you can use the parts because I am almost positive there are very few, if any, extras lying around. Included some pictures. Let me know what you think. Wish this engine could write a book 20141005_181715.jpg

20141005_181206.jpg 20141005_181701.jpg

Latest posts

Back