Milling Picture Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 1168978
Twenty seven foot pine still drying. Need to cut more of these this year. Finding clear trees is the tough part or tiny knots.
Iv never done pine. It must saw easy?

I tell ya what. The cotton wood was THE MOST DIFFICULT thing iv ever milled. Such a gummy spongy wood. Fought it the entire way. Can make some pretty table tops though once finished

i see some on amazon, are they decent quality?
These are good quality . The only thing I’m changing on it is the sinch bolts on the cross bar they get in the way . I’m welding some nuts on the sides so they are out of the way . Tried flipping it over still in the way getting things off the trailer

OMG Dude!!!!

WTF!!!

Have fun them are good ones! You selling the slabs?
Once my kiln is up and running. Last year was a bust with unexpected changes and I got the dry run.
This year will be much better once the new track extensions are done and the ground level tracks are set at my home. The band has work on five sites as of now. The pencil pines, red cedar and white cedar is waiting south of me to be cut and milled before winter. Super busy year.

Iv never done pine. It must saw easy?

I tell ya what. The cotton wood was THE MOST DIFFICULT thing iv ever milled. Such a gummy spongy wood. Fought it the entire way. Can make some pretty table tops though once finished
Cottonwood sucks to mill. It makes me itch and few things do. I'm immune to poison oak, sumac and ivy.

Our yellow and especially white pine and cedars mill like butter. A bad chain will get you in trouble quick.

Cottonwood is a tough one to mill cause of the wetness. Sawdust is a chain clogging nightmare. I've got some 30"+ slabs drying up nicely about 8' long. The mantels off 5' limb pieces are beautiful after a year of drying and planing them level again and restacking. Unlike some softer woods, it doesn't like big chain. My .404 skip was slow even with 121cc powering it. A 64cc saw running 3/8 lo pro chain breezed through it in comparison.

Latest posts

Back