Mini-excavator, use in tree service? Seeking advice.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the slow and expensive travel. That is my primary concern, hence my request for advice.

What would be a "pin on" thumb, and why would that affect ripping off hydraulic lines? The one I was looking at has a link posted above. It is a "weld-on" style; I don't understand how the attachment method would cause hydraulic lines to break unless you didn't put them on correctly. Obviously, if your weld fails, it will peel off the boom, probably ruining some lines.

If that is what we are talking about, I would consider the damage to the lines incidental to the damage done to the boom.

The amulet hoe clamp is a happy in between in that it doesn't require any hydraulics and isn't a thumb you need to pin back everty time. It works off of your existing piston/bucket/hinge system. You may need to change out a pin or two to accomodate.

I don't think they make the hoe-clamp in mini-excavator sizes, although I did not speak to them about it.

That device is best suited for putting on machines with an extend-a-hoe feature. A traditional thumb can't be added to those machines, because the thumb attaches to the extension where it slides into the upper boom. That would really plug up the extension feature.

I suspect the hoe-clamp gets in the way if you are just digging dirt.

Position your near the stump you wish to remove. You do not, however, want to be too close, as you must dig a trench around the perimeter of the stump.Dig the trench a few feet away from the edge of the stump and around its perimeter.

Regards.
Andy Angels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back