MINUS 28C and furnace has not run yet!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I heat my 2800 sq ft home with my boiler (outdoor) and a small crappy stove and winter has hit hard and my gas backup has not run in some time!!
I only use it if we are away to keep the house from freezing up but other than that I keep a fire going in the main part of the house and my boiler heats the kitchen floor and out 1100 sq ft bedroom.

If I could build a house it would be alot smaller but this home has been in the family since I was a kid so I just deal with heating it.

I am sure you are wondering why I don't just use the boiler for all of it but the boiler is for our greenhouse business and plumbing it into the house is just a bonus and when I do run the exchanger in my furnace I lose my long burn times.

I keep wondering how much wood you go through just for the greenhouses keeping the plants alive in the Winter.

Nice when you can heat your business and hose cheaper than paying for oil or propanr to do it with.

Back