More ISA cert. exam ?s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKTS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My DH is preparing to take the exam on the 30th of this month-PennDel chapter. He has been studying for months!! So we are pretty excited. Can anyone answer a few things for me. He was sent the list of trees for the id section, it includes common and botanical name, but no pics. Any idea how it is set up? Any resouces with good tree pics, he has a few books, but will get anything that is highly recommended to assist. Also, is the entire test multiple choice? Any info anyone can give me about the test (without breaching too much that can't be told), would be so gratefully appreciated!! Especially from anyone who may have taken it in pennsylvania. TIA!!

Good luck, I found the tree identification quite challenging because of the pictures they used. Some chapters will use live specimens. Another thing I did was studied every tree on the list they sent me and knew these trees like the back of my hand. To my angst only 2 or three were on the test. I still passed it. It is only 10 multiple choice questions out of a total of 200 multiple choice. Remember there is only one most right answer. :dizzy: Know your tree biology.

www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrology/data_results_with_commonb.cfm?state=unknown

This is a great site!! With great pics...

my husband took the test this past Friday, we were told allow 2-3 weeks for results to be mailed, but we can always check online. I, for the fun of it, looked on ISAs site under verify a certification the last few days ( I know it has only been 3 business days). Nothing on Monday Tuesday, today I put in the last name and BOOM!!!! there he is!! Is this completely official since they entered it ( and when I log on it gives us a place to view CEUs, he has none yet since he just took the test, but it gives Cert#PD1695A)
Can I consider this official??????

Can I consider this official??????
Yes. Congrats to your hubby; may it serve him well. re ID, I've read that the samples and pictures will be improved and standardized. Folks at isa heard there were inconsistencies and they have been worked on. Good luck you PA guys, and don't get down if you flunk a domain or two; happens to the best of us. :blush:

Latest posts

Back