moving a Poplar tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjralf

Reaction score
I noticed I have 2 fairly young Poplar Trees in my back yard. I would like to dig them up and move them to another area in my back yard. They are approx. 4 feet tall already and leafy. They look small enough to dig up. However, I would like to move them to another area of my yard. I know I have a septic tank in the back. Its obvious where the septic tank is because of the darker green grass. How far away can I plant these trees without interfering with the septic tank. Also, do you have any advice for when and how I should go about digging it up. I'm eager to plant these shade trees. Thanks!!!!!

If by Poplar you mean Liriodendron, they are pretty eaasy to transplant, and great shade trees. after the leaves fall off, just dig em up and move em.

how far from the septic lines, hmmm, those roots will seek water...

Give them lots of room to grow, Tulip poplar can go 90'-120' tall over time in open area. Amazingly fast growing trees, lots of shade, but need plenty of room. Like Guy said, watch the septic lines. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back