Ms 261 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max1804

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am news register but read this forum for couple of month. Currently have an issue with mais ms261 vw no m-tronic. Bought used last year clean the carb the running but lack off power rebuilt the carb vaccum/pressure test the base check compression Today i found fuel leak from the carb so want to order one But didn’t found interchange Saw serial 176074389 Original carb number s213 206a. If somebody can help me

i am news register but read this forum for couple of month. Currently have an issue with mais ms261 vw no m-tronic. Bought used last year clean the carb the running but lack off power rebuilt the carb vaccum/pressure test the base check compression Today i found fuel leak from the carb so want to order one But didn’t found interchange Saw serial 176074389 Original carb number s213 206a. If somebody can help me
Any of the non m-tronic 261 carbs should work. Stihl used several different part #s over the year. I currently have s178d and s211 zama/stihl OE carbs. Stay away from the cheap aftermarket ones. Check eBay for a good used OE; I’ve had great success with those, usually $20-30. Also, be aware that the rebuild kits on eBay currently are the wrong ones for these carbs. Amazon has the correct ones…and cheaper.

Any of the non m-tronic 261 carbs should work. Stihl used several different part #s over the year. I currently have s178d and s211 zama/stihl OE carbs. Stay away from the cheap aftermarket ones. Check eBay for a good used OE; I’ve had great success with those, usually $20-30. Also, be aware that the rebuild kits on eBay currently are the wrong ones for these carbs. Amazon has the correct ones…and cheaper.
Thank for the reply my issue start couple of thank after i rebuild with cheap kit. Found a brand new oem carb same number of mine but it 125$c do you recommand try an oem rebuilt kit before?

Yesterday fuel seem leak from hi/low needle clean the housing and run couple minute remove the carb fuel leak from the diaphram side steel plate 1 of the 4 screw was loose :angry: Probably too much beer when i rebuilt the carb. Cant wait to retry it it was the problem

Back