MS390 won't start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also check the tank vent, I've worked on several of these and 250s with a hard start issue that all it was was a missing or not working tank vent. But junk in tank is no good.

Also check the tank vent, I've worked on several of these and 250s with a hard start issue that all it was was a missing or not working tank vent. But junk in tank is no good.
I just replaced the tank vent with one of the Echo types, they seem to work better than the ones that come from Stihl. Still not sure what that junk was but it's getting rinsed out..

I just replaced the tank vent with one of the Echo types, they seem to work better than the ones that come from Stihl. Still not sure what that junk was but it's getting rinsed out..
I just did the same with my cousins 029, literally the only thing wrong with the saw. Took the carb down and cleaned it but didn't really need it. Fired right up afterwards. I dug through all my stihl carcasses and couldn't find a single one with a tank vent, so echo it was lol.

Latest posts

Back