• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armbru84

Sucker for saws over 100cc
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Good shape MS460, all OEM as far as I can tell. Picked it up locally a few months back and have cut with it. Fires right up and runs/oils as it should. 150 compression, has the stihl OEM dogs and covers. Muffler port has been opened a little but internal baffles etc are all there.

Comes with a 20" .063 bar that's in good shape, no chain. $630 with shipping included to the lower 48. PayPal friends and family. Can send a video of it running or any other pics if needed. Just send me a PM. I was noodling a little with it this evening! Simply have to many saws.

IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0558.JPG IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0560.JPG

Pop the muffler cover and shoot a pic of the piston. 150 is low for a 460. It should be closer to 170. Of course, it could just be your gauge.
Or our elevation as we are way up here in the greater GR area lol.
I always loved my 460, and as tebo said they will pull a longer bar pretty easy.
I normally ran my last one with a 25".
These are some cookies I cut for a school out of white oak for a natural walkway.
No working the saw with a 24",just a straight cut with the very tip of the bar just making thru the wood.
These are great saws, and fun as well.20160530_192944.jpeg20160530_202506.jpeg

Back