Muffler Mod on a 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm simply looking to get some more performance out of my 310 without burning it up. I have pics on where and how to cut the holes. I know the carb has to be adjusted afterwards how do I do this?

After I finish the muffler holes and carb adjust is there anything else I need to do? What kind of fuel should I run? Is this going to effect the life of the saw?

Thanks for the help.

I'm simply looking to get some more performance out of my 310 without burning it up. I have pics on where and how to cut the holes. I know the carb has to be adjusted afterwards how do I do this?

After I finish the muffler holes and carb adjust is there anything else I need to do? What kind of fuel should I run? Is this going to effect the life of the saw?

Thanks for the help.

For the carb adjustment, just do search on how to tune a chainsaw, there are plenty of threads on that and keep in mind you need to tune it by ear not with a tach,

After you finish the muffler and properly adjust the carb you should be done.

Run 50:1 non-ethanol fuel or the best high octane fuel you can get, I recomend Stihl Ultra oil.

If you get it tuned correctly it will not hurt the life of the saw.

The saw will pick up some power and rev quicker after your done, just don't expect to turn it into a MS 361. I did my MM on my 029 myself with the info on this site and I think you can too. Good luck!

Back