My Dingo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildOne

Reaction score
Anyone ever used a Toro DIngo to grind stumps? The dealer tells me their awesome. Would appreciate your feedback.

It does not look like the hydraulics would be good enough on large stumps. Even highflow skidder attatchments suck for grinding medium - big hardwood stumps

I posted my observations on another thread regarding my demo of the Dingo stumper. I ground a 3 ft. dia. stump and it ground about as fast as a Rayco Jr. What I did not like was the wheel is mounted sideways and it threw chips all over the place, even 50 ft. away. Unless you are going to set up 8 ft. high plyboards around the grinding area, I personally would not buy it. I am getting a Terra Power attachment, go to their website to check it out. It is scheduled to be shipped next week. I'll post results after I get it. I have a Prowler mini skid, 14 gpm flow. The Dingo has 12, some others like the Thomas only have 8.5, you need at least 10 gpm to run a grinder.

Top Notch equipment is currently developing "a better" stumper attachment for mini skids. I have not seen it though I know the prototype was fabricated last week. I do know that it is mounted straight on and not perpedicular to the machine.
Ill post more when I know more.

Dave at Top Notch told me about it. It will have its own engine to run the grinding wheel and the mini skid's hydraulics will run the up/down/side to side movement. He said he'll have a booth at the fall TCIA Expo with his attachments. I bought the grapple and Terra Power stumper from him.

I moved the skid steers Tracks into there own Thread So as to not Derail this Topic :)

Latest posts

Back