My new DIY OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rb_in_va

rb_in_va

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tell me what you think!

ATT00011.jpg

habanero

habanero

ArboristSite Guru
That's not a boiler, it heats air which is transferred to the house through that duct. I've seen that picture before on one of the other forums I read. That's been a while back, so maybe hot water capacity has been added in the interim, though.

livewire

livewire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Funny...

...Someone is ACTUALLY using that somewhere!

There are some people out here that would do it if they saw that pic. You know...the people that only have to brush one tooth.:p

hornett22

hornett22

Addicted to ArboristSite
a properly operated OWB produces very little smoke.

the have an automatic dampining system.the only time you see any noticable smoke is when the door is open,at startup,when burning unseasoned wet green wood.

some baffon here in CT was burning tires in his so now they want to ban them.don't buy all the negative hype about outdoor wood boilers.my partner has a central boiler and it barely smokes while under normal running conditons at all.smokes a little when it's raining and the air is heavy with moisture.his neighbors say it doesn't bother them in the least.i cannot speak for other brands but the CB around here i see aren't dumping smoke.

Latest posts