mystery chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hd_rmblz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a chipper and need some information from the pros. I don't have any paperwork or literature. On the fram is a tag that says (H-B company) it also has the ser.#, mod.#, and says it was built in wisconsin. Any info. on whether the company is still alive or was bought out and if i can still get parts would be great. I forgot, its powered by a ford V8 and is a drum type. Thank you

mystery chipper 2

Sorry but while i'm asking questions, The chipper was given to me by my parents who used it a couple of years and never maintained it. The motor froze up so i've just replaced it with the same, (ford 360). With nothing but a few tools, a torch, a lot of head scratching my nieghbor and i managed to set the motor and pull the knives(whoooooooo!!!!!!) what a chore. It was cake once we found out how to pull the wedge. my question is, whats a machine like this worth? Thanks again

I keep seeing ford 351s and 360s listed as chipper engines. I never knew they put those on a chipper, all I've ever seen is the ford 330, found in the 2 ton series trucks, if you need parts.
your chipper sounds like an asplundh. called a whisper chipper
-Ralph

No parts but knives. They do have operator manuals for knife settings and for general maintenance though.

Back