Mystik Lawn and Garden oil- cheap JASO FD cert low odor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banditt007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
663091002-M.png

Not trying to start another oil thread, but i haven't heard anything about this oil on the internet and have recently used it and wanted to share my thoughts....

PRICE: $31 shipped for 4 quarts

TYPE: Semi-synthetic that meets and exceeds the latest JASO FD and ISO-EGD ratings. Official JASO FD certification code "001 MYS 091"

COLOR: Purple

ODOR: The least odor I've come across so far. Compared to Echo and Redmaxs' JASO FD oils.

SMOKE: The least smoke i've come across so far. Compared to Echo and Redmaxs' JASO FD oils.

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
https://www.mystiklubes.com/do/product/663091002
http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/M20084.pdf
http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/663091002.pdf

COMMENTS: I wish the dye was darker, even at 32:1 it only tints the gas a light purple. As we know, all of the JASO FD oils have low smoke, but this oil from the few times i've recently started using it, seemed to smoke a good bit less than even the echo and redmax oils. Its impressively low smoke. The odor was also as minimal as i've found. Coating of internal engine parts i haven't tested. I'm not concerned about exhaust port blocking or spark plug fouling being that to pass the JASO FD tests the oil must do really good in these areas. In the end i was sick of buying cases of small 6.4oz bottles of redmax oil from the dealer or 16oz bottles of echo oil from home depot. This oil costs me exactly half the price of the 16oz bottles of echo oil. A quart of it only costs $4.78 on the website...its shipping that significantly adds to cost. If you could find this stuff in store you can really save.

If anyone else has experience with this oil please post up I would be interested in hearing if your thoughts mirror mine.

I stopped by a local fuel supplier this past week to pick up a case of aircraft oil and buy some non ethanol 90 octane and found out they also sell 2 stroke oil and bar oil. I bought a gallon of two different brands of bar oil (one I liked and one wasn't tacky enough) and also picked up some Pennzoil 2 stroke oil for less than I've seen it anywhere else.

Mystik is all I run in my 2 strokes. It is very high quality oil as I've been told by my auto mechanic. You can get it here at the local mills fleet farm.

663091002-M.png

If anyone else has experience with this oil please post up I would be interested in hearing if your thoughts mirror mine.

You mean you only want to hear from someone if they think the same as you?

Jes kiddin. I haven' t used that stuff...but I've used snowmobile version and have been very happy with it. It was a bit of a price point decision but it also has gotten good reviews in a testing lab...although I can't verify the validity of it all.

It is also called Mystic jt-4.

2 stihl nut, I noticed they also have 2 other oils that meet the JASO FD spec, the sea and snow, and the jt-4 you mentioned. Both were marketed towards snow mobile and jet ski engines. I'm sure either would be fine in chainsaws, but since they marketed an oil specific to my application i went with it. Not sure if i could have had an equal or better oil going with the sea and snow or jt-4, i couldn't find any solid info. I know we are splitting hairs...but its fun stuff!

Mystik relative to each other:

1.Mystik HP Ultimate - their very best-(ashless) compare to Stihl Ultra and Red Armor-any 2 cycle rated ---best base oil they make(not on their website lately but call to order) The Quicksilver Rejuvinate oil is this, but now hard to find. Actively cleans out deposits.

2.Mystik PWC (low ash-not ashless)- next best FD rated(Same as Mystik Snowmobile) Full Synthetic

3.Mystik Lawn and Garden- (low ash-not ashless)- basic but still very good FD rated(same as Mystik/Citgo Sea and Snow) Semi Synthetic

If you want the best get their HP Ultimate- one oil for everthing-easy.

Back