neat old stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberrat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
found this on ebay
Stihl Contra Lightning Chainsaw rare classic Chain Saw
Item number: 320058164817:cheers:
this is a true monster

bigbadbob said:
I will watch that one. I have one that is not quite as good is that one. And plan on listing it.

Bob,

I will watch for the one you will list.

Bill

Bill
I will probably list it in a few days for 7 days. Spent 3 hours cleaning it up tonite. It has been used and is missing the "STIHL" name plate and has a 25in windsor bar. The clutch drum is worn so it has some time on it. It sure starts good, I emptied the gas and oil tonite and went to start it to run it dry and it went second pull. Did a compression check and got 130 with two pulls. The air cleaner is there but no good. Five fins are missing off the recoil cover.The screen off the muffler is also missing.
But what the heck it's damn near 50 years old so has survived well.:)
Bob

Have you been watching the Ebay bidding on this saw? Over 8 days to go, with 24 bids over $600! What is the matter with these people? The saw isn't going anywhere for a week. All they're doing is bidding themselves up.

To each his own. Chris B.

cbfarmall said:
Have you been watching the Ebay bidding on this saw? Over 8 days to go, with 24 bids over $600! What is the matter with these people? The saw isn't going anywhere for a week. All they're doing is bidding themselves up.

To each his own. Chris B.

Ever heard of the "More Money Than Brains" Club? That guy could be a senior member....:dizzy:

Andy

Andy1234 said:
Ever heard of the "More Money Than Brains" Club? That guy could be a senior member....:dizzy:

Andy

To be honest, I fall under that category every now and then. But I at least wait until the last hour or so. Once I gave up bidding on a Homelite Super 2100 Auto at around $700. It was real in good shape, but the bidding was getting ridiculous.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back