Need a .325 chain with 18" bar for a Husky 257

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 257 (soon to be mine at least) has the stock 3/8" chain with a 20" bar. nI've got some bigger logs to get after, so I like this set-up for that. But I'd like to also run a .325 and a 18" bar for basic around the house tree limbing and such.

I've Googled and search this site but am not getting a clear answer on what I need to but in terms of the drive or rim sprocket (number of teeth or pins or whatever). Can someone help me please.

I expect I can find a good 18" bar that will fit my saw, and the chain shouldn't be much of a problem either, but what mods/parts do I need to make to the drive sprocket on a Husky 257?

Thank you in advance.
Keith

I would just stick with 3/8" chain so you do not need to get a new sprocket.

18" to 20" isn't much difference. For a second bar I would recommend a 16" on that saw and swap to the 20" when you have larger wood to cut. Dropping to 16" will give you a noticeable cutting speed increase on smaller wood as you are slinging 20 percent more chain on a 20" than the 16".

Latest posts

Back