Need help figuring what my '98 Rayco Super Jr is worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just acquired a 1998 Rayco Super Jr as part of a business buyout. I just listed the machine in the trading post stump machine section. I priced it at $7000 and am wondering from list members if that's reasonable based on the following information: It has 310 total machine hours (was used only for backyard jobs - the previous owner also had a Vermeer 665A). It has less than 100 hours on a new Kohler 25hp motor (installed by local Vermeer shop), bearings seem very good, has new greenteeth setup, dual wheels, single wheel steer, tight machine overall. I also have the old motor that was replaced (isn't blown - just got weak and can be rebuilt).

I'm selling this machine because I already have a vermeer 252 and don't need another machine the same size. Both the Rayco 1625 and my Vermeer 252 seem to operate basically the same so, I'll just keep the one I've been using. I came up with the price by figuring half the price of a new one ($14k).

I'm located in South Dakota so, I know location could affect the price +/-. If you're interested in the machine, let's talk. If not but, you know how much $ this machine should bring, I appreciate your input.

That sounds like a good price, especially considering the new motor. I just sold mine for $6,000, but it had more hours, although I had replaced the motor also.

I was offered $5,000 on trade, the salesman told me he would probably get $6,800 after doing a few things to it.

I put mine in the local "Truck Trader"

I just acquired a 1998 Rayco Super Jr as part of a business buyout. I just listed the machine in the trading post stump machine section. I priced it at $7000 and am wondering from list members if that's reasonable based on the following information: It has 310 total machine hours (was used only for backyard jobs - the previous owner also had a Vermeer 665A). It has less than 100 hours on a new Kohler 25hp motor (installed by local Vermeer shop), bearings seem very good, has new greenteeth setup, dual wheels, single wheel steer, tight machine overall. I also have the old motor that was replaced (isn't blown - just got weak and can be rebuilt).

I'm selling this machine because I already have a vermeer 252 and don't need another machine the same size. Both the Rayco 1625 and my Vermeer 252 seem to operate basically the same so, I'll just keep the one I've been using. I came up with the price by figuring half the price of a new one ($14k).

I'm located in South Dakota so, I know location could affect the price +/-. If you're interested in the machine, let's talk. If not but, you know how much $ this machine should bring, I appreciate your input.

On ebay similar machines typically sell for 3 to 4k in similar condition.

I bought a 1999 super jr. w/ trailer for $6500 on ebay in 2003 (350 hrs.) I am at 550 hrs now - first repairs recently on electric clutch and throttle linkage (we broke that part). I only like to do stumps as neccesary evil.

Latest posts

Back