Need Husqvarna 51 Brake handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks , I ordered the whole assembly for $20, though all I needed is the handle

Let us know how you like it.
I have used the Ebay aftermarket covers for the 51 and 55s in the past, several years ago.
I was not impressed with the quality of the fitment, or the rope used, but at least one of my saws still has it in use.
On the other hand, I have used at least three of the aftermarket covers for the 372 models and find the quality to be on par with the oem covers.

I ended up with one of those saws with a broken flag. I decided I liked the OEM clutch and brake assembly...and, decided to "attach" a cheap AM flag.

Looks sketchy. Works fine.

The "after" pic is at the 90% point. Eventually, I dressed it up, and painted it.

20220209_101212.jpg20220321_130327.jpg

I tried one Chinese brake handle assembly once, the handle broke off before I got it installed. Enough of that….

I received the aftermarket Brake/handle assembly in the mail

Looks like good quality and the Plastic/nylon is very strong, not cheap brittle plastic .
The handle is actually beefier/stronger than the original husq

Glad you posted this, JDM. Lots of aftermarket parts work fine. That has been my experience and several other repair people on this forum. Four years ago I rebuilt a Husky 51 for a tree service company and it ran great last weekend when the crew cut down a huge ash tree. The 51 handled all the mid-size and smaller branches. The climber even took it upstairs (high up the tree) with a rope.

Back