Need some guidance with carb reassembly on my little free Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fawkes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently was gifted, or burdened, with 4 free saws. The nicest of them is an old Homelite super 2. It hasn't been run in many, many years so I put new fuel lines on it, new plug, flushed out the tanks, but couldn't get it it to start. It kicked over for a second but then it started flooding really bad. I ordered a rebuild kit for the carb from the local shop but need some help with the reassembly.

The carb is a Zama C2S-H5A. The kit is a Zama RB16. The diaphragm that was originally in the carb has the metal circle on it to actuate the needle but the new one does not. Is that correct? Or do I need to reuse the old diaphragm? The guy at the shop said that someone may have used an incorrect kit rebuilding the carb in the past. And on the fuel pump side, I'm not sure on the order of the gaskets and diaphragm since there are 3. Number 3 in the photo is the actual thick gasket. And my last question, the low side mixture screw is the one with the longer "needle" on it correct?

I appreciate any help, I'm not sure if the carb was correct to begin with so I don't want to base the rebuild off of that, and on top of that I've forgotten a few things since I took it apart over a month ago. Hoping you knowledgeable gentleman can point me in the right direction.
9135263e8f829cc247e2ec6d4874b8aa.jpg
86f68f4061d1155ca41a20c0e4a0dfc4.jpg
3f71e0b4c31d91aa9a78c3a635626bcd.jpg
70dc56c600b6dc410ca712bd91ed8491.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Long time since I rebuilt one of these Top Pic#2 on carb body then#3 gasket Pic 2 Gasket with large hole on carb body& then diaphram with metal ring as it has to press on needle valve arm. The H&L screws IIRC will only fit in the correct hole

a guy that hangs out here by the name of undee70SS and if you can find him he may have a SERVICE manual for your Homelite. Send him a PM.

You have to keep a heads up when getting parts for the Super 2. their are several different versions and if you don't have the UT number it can be a slight pain getting on the correct page of a IPL, and the UT number is on a glued on sicker that ha sometimes has evaporated. If I find a UT number I take a engraving tool and scribe it onto the saw permanently.

Originally the metal circle as you call it, was separate from the diaphragm. Some AM kits, the metal circle is part of the diaphragm. I would try to reuse the old one. Yes, the "L" needle is longer.

Latest posts

Back