New Dolmar PS-350 SC and PS-420 SC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik Johansson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just looking around for info about the Dolmar PS-420 and found a link to the 2011 Dolmar catalog. It lists the PS-350 SC and PS-420 SC along with a line stating (in German) "Now with even more power".

The specs for the PS-350 SC is 1.7 kW / 2.3 hp and the PS-420 SC is 2.2 kW / 3.0 hp. The previous PS-350C / PS-420C was 1.5 kW / 2.0 hp and 2.0 kW / 2.7 hp respectively so some 10-15 % more power (according to the specs at least!).

A link to the catalog page in question: Grossansicht Seite 13 von Motorgeräte 2011

I thought some might find this interesting. :)

/Erik

Last edited:
Just to add
The Dolmar PS series is the same Machines as Makita DCS Series
I found parts IPL's and info better looking for Makita than Domar

I am just commenting on how it fits in a line-up of saws - and I don't understand why they made it in the first place.......:msp_biggrin:

A 4200S, with performance like the 242xp, would have made more sence!

If the PS-420 had 2.2kW would that be better?

I asked sawtroll this question back in the "40-ish cc Saw Choice-----Spring C.A.D has set in" thread a week or so ago be he never responded.

Also it's 2.2kw not 2.3kw for the PS-420 SC. It may be next year before we see these in the US.

Steve

I asked sawtroll this question back in the "40-ish cc Saw Choice-----Spring C.A.D has set in" thread a week or so ago be he never responded.

Also it's 2.2kw not 2.3kw for the PS-420 SC. It may be next year before we see these in the US.

Steve

Well, it still is a 10% increase, not bad at all if it actually performs accordingly. :msp_smile:
I think it is the same rating as for the new MS241.

Steve

Yep my finger must have slipped. Thanks for the correction.

Do you have any info about what design changes they have made?

/Erik

Latest posts

Back