New Stump Machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any user knowledge on the Predator 26 Grinder. I'm an owner operator and have been running a Vermeer 252 along side a small Vermeer 130 for 3 years. Had them both from new and other then a replacement bearing on the big one they have been good to me. However even with the small machine access is still a problem when I can get in the small one is often not up to the job. The predator is tracked and slims to 26" inches and spreads out its tracks for working. It looks an awesome machine but I do not know any one who uses one and the cost against a new 252 is nearly half as much. Any comments?

a mate of mine used one he said it's junk,i'd stick with the vermeer B-trac are a great company i've been dealing with them for years

If your new to stump grinding you'll soon find you will need 2 machines a big one and smaller push along for tight access..

I run a vermeer 352 and a rayco mini work force series 2

just re-read yor post you need a 352 and a danequip 25hp narrow access machine [thats the next machine I get]

haven't heard of the danquip ill look into that. I had both machines from new from B-Trac. The problem is I cant afford a 352 and replace my smaller machine. I find the SC 130 a real poor machine. Hired a Husky from local supplier with finger teeth and it buried my machine in speed and depth but the teeth took too much of a beating. Do you know what problems your mate had with the pred 26?

My small rayco is hard slow work ,but I charge the same rate for it as I do my big machine..

I'v got a demo next tuesday so I can get the low down first hand. But a big machine like that with 26" access is something else. Shame my vermeer will not do that.

Thanks for the info on danequip 25hp. Just had a gander. Its fot the same engine as my big 252 thats a lot of power in a little machine. Did you say you had one? Will be giving them a call today to obtain prices. Do you know much about the big danequip?:yoyo:

sorry Rolla, i think that a 252 sits in the same catagary as a dosko.....the difference is that it is self directed......the power of the machine dictates the potential of cut...hydraulic working makes not a jot if you are a fit man...you can cut a lot of stump if you are strong and fit, thats why so many go for the 252, 1325 etc..the next step up is is desiel with more power and more of a helping hand... ...it does more than a man can....(over an extended period)....open to offers!!.....strong, reliable...a big desiel with hydaulic power is a step ahead...

I did not test the predetor and i'm unlikly too. I can't find anyone to say a good word about it. I'v been in touch with B-Trac (Garath Caroll) do you know him? and got a possible trade in deal on my 252 for a 352. I'v lined up all the machines in that catogary and the 352 seems to always win. Access is always a problem which is why I think the Danquip small one will do just fine. What do you think to the Danquip? and what are the things you don't like on the 352?

nothing i don't like about the 352, a remote would be good but that said its a good machine, powerful, easy to use and cuts well....Gareth is a good fellow, tell him Rob in bristol says hi....the dosko/danequip is a good machine but the comments i have read about the magnum would lead me to have a test on that..i would have one myself because of the size and getting through houses etc, the dosko is too long to get around corners even though it is now only 28 inches wide..the magnum gets around all that....on paper sounds good..not heard a bad word about it....as for the teeth....£3500 vs £7500 can buy a lot of teeth....

Stevie B
PM me or give us a call. Prochip 01449 770044 before you buy. You might be surprised at what we can offer.

Back