New to the site...Advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinpie1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired a husky 350 on eBay for a great price I could not pass on. I have an older stihl 032 that I also acquired on eBay awhile ago, and rebuilt for fun. It was sold as a parts saw and had low compression, but I managed to get it running. It needed a new piston, starter spring, brake handle, carb kit, filter assembly, and plug. Now it’s running really nice, and turned out to be not much of salvage operation. I am wondering if I should keep it, and try to have a spark arrestor installed, or sell it and keep the husky 350. It has a whole lot less vibration, and weighs less. The old 032 feels way beefier and burly. It sounds a whole lot more wicked, that’s for sure. Is the 350 worth a port job? Or not? Lots of ???'s

This forum is great for information. It didn't take me long to realize I needed to sign up and ask the pros!

Unless I got a very good price for it I'd keep .If your 350 goes down you have a back up or if you send if to be modded your not without a saw. If an energetic freind wants to help you you have a saw for him to. If you need to loan out a saw you have a loaner. Pinch your 350,grab the 32 for a quick recovery.

Latest posts

Back